Thursday, August 19, 2010

only the good die young

When I began my time as an editor at The State Hornet I had a bunch of new writers. Some were torture to manage, stories were a mess and a nightmare to edit. I had one writer who constantly provided me with perfect material. Front page, center piece, little to no editing required. She succeeded myself as features editor. She went on to work in the field of journalism. To graduate from my alma mater. She died today.

As so many know, I lost my best friend, my family, a part of myself, at 17. It still breaks my heart...

every

single

day.


And this is no different.



Young adults shouldn't die.

Talent should not be wasted.

And people shouldn't lose their best friends before they have a chance to change their lives.



Rest In Peace Christina Li. You're missed more than you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment