Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chose to Live

I want today to end. I want this week to end. I'm so tired of losing sleep over stress.

About 2 months ago we lost my aunt. She died from complications from pneumonia and a lifelong battle with diabetes and pancreatitis. This killed my grandma. She lost my cousin at 17, a boy she pretty much raised. She lost my Papa 6 months later. We've lost a lot as a family. She can't handle much more.

Today the doctor told her that unless she stops smoking today she will very soon be on oxygen, and choking to death. That didn't even wake her up. Her response was, "I cant stop."

She may not see me get married, she may not see my brothers grow up. I can NOT understand why she is doing this to herself. It breaks my heart. I know she is sad, and I know she is depressed...but...I just don't get the rest. I want her to chose to live.

I dont think I've ever wanted prayers so badly...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda, I'm sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and for your Grandma. I hope that God opens her eyes and realizes that in time she will see her lost ones again, but for now, she should focus on the living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I wish she would focus on that very much.

    ReplyDelete