Friday, October 7, 2011

A Great Adventure...

It's been a long few months around here. Corbin and I moved into a new apartment a week ago. It's quiet. HALLELUJAH!!!!! Noise was our main issue at the old place and I simply could not handle the constant noise of 20-somethings partying around the clock out back.

(I know I AM 20-something, but I don't act the way most 20-somethings act, or the way THOSE 20-something's acted)

The new place is bigger too. More space has definitely had a positive effect on our relationship. I feel like I can breathe a little now that we aren't living on top of each other.

About a month before we moved Corbin also got a job as a Fireman. He completed the Fire Academy a few months back and was actively looking for a position for awhile. He has been a paramedic for almost three years and his life's goal has always been to be a fireman. I am SO proud of him! When he got the offer from the department I literally cried. I've never known what it's like to be so invested in someone else that their accomplishments feel like my own. In past relationships (or just the one) I'd always been held at arms length, never quite made to feel like a PART of their life. With Corbin, he values what I say, and my opinion. He's my partner. And I am so so so proud of all that he has done. He starts his new job in two days. I know it sounds cliche to say ALL firemen are heros, but really, they are. They don't fight a lot of fires out here in California, what with the fire regulations and vast amount of mostly new buildings. But the core belief behind their job is running into a building, that everyone else is running out of. To save people they don't know, to sacrifice all they've come to know and love, for a stranger. When you think about it, it's beautiful. So even though he hasn't started, he's my hero and I sort of think he always will be.

School has been hectic. I'm trying SO hard in some classes and not so hard in others. My midterms start Monday and I'm terrified. I only have two tests, and one is all multiple choice. But I don't think I can handle failing again. My other exam is Monday evening, after which I leave for Sacramento. My mom has a teacher recruitment fair there and I'm flying up to spend some time with her. I think it will be the first time in a year she sleeps through the night! She is leaving the baby and Kai at home so I'm looking forward to relaxing with her and seeing her finally take some time for herself.

So with school, moving, etc. it's pretty hectic like....all the time. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't trade it for anything. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I'd love the UPS stuff! I can't find your email address. Will you send it to me at stainsofgrass (at) yahoo (dot) com? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete