Monday, March 19, 2012

Goin' to the Chapel and We're....

GOING TO GET MARRIED!!!!


That's my FIANCE and I...the day after we got engaged! I'm sort of still on cloud 9. I am so ridiculously happy, my heart is so full I think it may burst. Here's the story (taken off our wedding website, which basically as of now has that and nothing else!)

The Proposal...

On Valentine's Day of 2012 Corbin surprised Amanda with a completely planned (well, sort of) trip to San Francisco, where they spent a lot of time for the first few months of their relationship. Amanda was pretty surprised that Corbin had booked a hotel and flights without her help at all. The week before their trip Amanda had midterms and she was anything but pleasant to be around. (Thank god he didn't change his mind!). She had suspected an engagement was on it's way, but was sure it wasn't that weekend since Corbin was far too calm. On the flight to San Francisco the two chatted and had a few cocktails (Corbin clearly needed them). There was a snafu with the rental car and it took a little longer than expected to get on the road from the airport. Corbin insisted visiting a certain location before checking into the hotel.

It was a VERY rare sunny and clear day. Corbin really wanted to visit the spot where he asked Amanda to be his girlfriend while the weather was still nice. The spot overlooks the entire city and the Golden Gate Bridge. Corbin said he wanted to take a picture since "It's been over two years already, and it'd be a cool picture to have." This was the first indication that something was up since Corbin HATES taking pictures.

They first couldn't figure out how to get to the side of Vista Point where the two had originally planned on going. Amanda said they should stop anyway (on the wrong side) and take a picture. Corbin began acting really odd and wouldn't turn around to walk to the picture spot so Amanda could set the camera's timer. (The ring was in his back pocket and he didn't want her to see) He rushed her through a quick picture and insisted they find a way to get to the right spot.

The two figured out how to get across the highway and to the correct spot. When they drove up Corbin seemed upset, "WHERE IS EVERYONE?!" The place is normally overrun with tourists (potential photographers) and on such a beautiful day it didn't make sense that it was deserted. There were two gentlemen there that Amanda suggested could take their picture. She took her sweet time getting out of the car and sending her mom pictures of the spot from her phone (which actually drove her mom crazy since she was waiting for the news that the proposal had happened.) Amanda offered to ask the gentlemen to take their picture and Corbin said that he wanted to (another REALLY strange occurrence). He grabbed the camera and walked over to the guy. He asked if he could "take a few pictures" then said to wait he needed to get something out of the car. The gentlemen who now had the camera said, "That's okay she is prettier anyway" and snapped a few pictures of Amanda standing alone, growing confused. Corbin came back from the car and as Amanda motioned for him to come take the picture he told her to hold on.

Corbin: "You know I love you...right?"

Amanda: "Uhm, yes..."

Corbin: (fumbling with his back pocket and trying to get the ring out....pulls out the box, drops to one knee) "Well, I want to spend the rest of my life with you...."

Amanda: "CORBIN ARE YOU SERIOUS?! OH MY GOD!" (hysterical crying and blubbering begins)



Corbin: (keeps moving along) "...and I was wondering if you'd marry me..."

Amanda: "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! SERIOUSLY?! REALLY!? (lots of crying and blubbering)" (then realizing she actually had to answer) "Of course I will, get up!"



Corbin: (being pulled up by Amanda and hugged and kissed) "Do you want to try on the ring?"

Amanda: "YES!"



Both their hands were shaking and they could hardly even put the ring. on. Lots of hugging, kissing, and more "OH MY GOD"'s followed. The man thankfully took pictures of the entire event and after wished them well and returned the camera.



They left the spot and went to their hotel. They spent an amazing weekend celebrating their engagement in San Francisco, the city where their love began, and their whole lives changed.

So....that was that!

We spent a lot of time in SF in the beginning of our relationship so this was already a special place for us. I tried but couldn't for the life of me find a picture of the day he asked me to be his girlfriend! Bummer.

This is one of my favorite places (chocolate, need I say more?!) and I love that I have a picture from this past time (the first one) and one from the first time we went there together (the second photo). I also love more than in the more recent one I'm closer to my normal size!




We've already started planning, even though a date in August of 2013 is what we are thinking. This is mostly because starting next March I'll be in full "bar study mode" and won't really have time for wedding planning. So I'm starting now and praying that will allow me to be a "normal" bride, if there is such a thing. I went with my mom, sister, grandma, and aunt to look at dresses last week when I was home. It was a blast and I wish I could post photos, but there's a chance the good ol' fiance will see this and he REALLY wants to be surprised. When we were looking I asked my sister to be my maid of honor, it was a special moment for sure (and full of PLENTY of tears). So since wedding stuff is pretty much all that's on my brain right now (plus school) it's sort of all I have to talk about! It's stressful and scary and is going to cost more money than we have...but I'm excited for what the next year and a half will bring. I'm even more excited to begin my life as Mrs. Smith!

Oh and in case you wanted to see the ring...

No comments:

Post a Comment