Thursday, April 22, 2010

it's a boy!



That's HANK!!!!! So I drove to Dixon yesterday to pick him up. It was VERY exciting. I got there about an hour and a half early because I was so excited. My friend Vanessa lives in Sacramento so she drove up and met me to help pick him out. I was pretty bummed Corbin wasn't there but it helped having Vanessa. Tabitha (breeder) showed up and I instantly liked her (because she was a ginger!). She had the most adorable little girl with her! Her 3 year old daughter Joleen. Anyway she opened the back of her black tahoe (*swoons*) and there was a little crate with two 6 week old black lab boys. The mom jumped out of the car and immediately began licking my hand. Then Joleen jumped out and into my arms telling me to "hold". hahah! I love kids.

I immediately had NO idea how I was going to chose which one of these adorable puppies would become my Hank (we picked the name before). Tabitha took the puppies out and set them down, the little boy with the teal color lopped away happily to try and suck on his mommy's nips (they're finishing weening, the mom totally bitch slapped him away). However, the little boy with the blue color climbed right into my lap. Thus, Hank chose me.






I think he made a good choice. He cried a bit on the way home, but we settled in quickly. He was a bit scared and tried to chew on a few shoes/purses and hide under the bed. We settle down around 11pm and I decided to let him sleep in bed with me. Bad idea. Around 1am I woke up to him crying and noticed he had peed on the bed, one inch from the towel I laid out. UGH! I took the duvet off my down comforter (which is now stained, but was previously glorious in all it's brand newness, sad) and took Hank outside. He must have emptied his bladder on my bed because he didn't have to go again. I put him in his crate in my room after and he clonked out, only to awake at 3:15 am. I took him potty and then back inside, he cried for a bit but not too loud, which I was happy about since I didn't want him to wake my roommates. He didn't wake again until 7am (actually 6:55 but my alarm was set for 7 anyway).

I guess as far as a first night goes I got off lucky. I am glad I put him in bed initially because I think if he went straight to the crate he would have freaked out. My OCD self is just trying HARD not to think about my brand new dazzling white VERY expensive down comforter now being stained with puppy pee. Alas, the joys of being a new mommy, sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment