I feel terrible about venting to my boyfriend and girlfriend Mags so much about this lately. So I really can't think of a better place to let loose.
SO! It's midterm time down at ol' law school. This isn't as bad as I thought it'd be! Which is simply fabulous. Sometimes I want to die, and I often vent about this via Facebook. But when it comes down to it, it is SO interesting and challenging and I really am beginning to see how much I fit here. Back to midterms...
My school uses this program called ExamSoft. It's a way of test taking that basically freezes your entire computer while you take an exam, thus rendering you unable to cheat. We still take our tests in a classroom, but when you have an hour to examine a particular legal issue, quick typing is a HUGE advantage. Anyway this program wasn't made for Macs until recently, so I downloaded it when it became available. I went to my first midterm, Contracts (the hardest one), and learned that we had to download a template before the test began. Well, I didn't do this. And the proctor proceeded to attempt to make me feel stupid by saying "everyone got the email, stop lying, you got it." Well I'm sorry you uneducated rude jerk I did NOT get the email!!!! Needless to say I was VERY upset. I may have made a big deal of it, I may have said it was bullshit, whatever. My professor wasn't present so honestly, I'm not that worried about it. I wrote the exam by hand and whatever grade I got is what it is.
Now, the next day I downloaded the template ahead of time and went to my Torts midterm. I accidentally pressed begin before our exam started. Now I didn't have notes on my desk NOR had the exam been handed out. So really I'm at NO advantage. But I told the proctor just to cover my own behind. This girl...let's call her EVIL turned around and said "that's an ethical violation." Any law student can tell you this is BAD! Ethical violations mean your kicked out, can't ever go to law school again, and will never, ever be a lawyer. Soooo I gave her a dirty look and said "god I hope not". The proctor told me it was fine, I told her my name just in case we ran into a problem later, and took my test. Everything was fine.
Until I found that EVIL had gone to the pub down the street after the exam and told a TON of my classmates (including my good friend Mags) that I flipped out, cursed out the proctor, and made a HUGE scene. She also said SHE told on me because she saw I was cheating. Uhm...1. none of that is true, and 2. she was in front of me so she couldn't even see if I was!!!
There's a lot more details about EVIL that I won't go into but this shouldn't have surprised me. She is EVIL and I really dislike her right now.
I'm now done venting, she'll get hers I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment